
The death of Francisco 'Frankie' Valencia has caused me to re-examine my life path and constantly ask 'Am I doing everything in my power to make the world around me a better place?'
So who was Frankie Valencia? I wish I could tell you I knew him personally, but I didn't. I guess that speaks volumes about his character-even in death he continues to inspire and unite people.
Frankie was the victim of a random and senseless act of violence. He was shot by reputed gang member Narcisco Gatica, who felt he had been wronged when asked to leave a Halloween party in which he was and uninvited and unwanted guest.
His death, like so many other random acts of violence was tragic no doubt. The difference is that Frankie didn't just simply go through the motions of life. He went above and beyond what was required of him; breaking stereotypes and bringing down walls in the process.
This project is meant to make sense of the violence that occurred, and to keep Frankie's light burning strong. He will forever be remembered through his legacy...
We are the future. How will you make it better? How will you be remembered? Frankie Valencia
No comments:
Post a Comment